Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Hold onto your butts!



Bible verse counted cross stitch kits. It's in the top 5 categories of stuff I see when I go a huntin' for new material. The other 4 categories are, in no particular order: 
  • Christmas crap
  • commemorative gift crap
  •  lighthouse/nautical crap
  • extremely large portraits of dragons/wolves/horses/etc
Bible verse counted cross stitch kits seem pretty ideal for my nefarious purposes as they usually have a pretty big empty spot to work with but unfortunately they have one setback. The WTF?!? test. (previously covered here) It's not so much that they fail the test, but that the answers tend to be things like: "people or deities that would like to see me smited/smote." My hair is frizzy enough as it is- I don't need an intentional lightning strike.

So that's the tale of why I have stayed away from the Bible verse kits... until now. I finally planned one so perfect that even God himself would at least pin it to a secret board. 

Behold!


What makes this one so special? The possibility for expansion. This was the first kit that I had the idea for the finished phrase before I actually had the kit. I knew I would need a ton of text room so I got this one with the intention of expanding the flowery frame. It was a pain in the ass. Also the back stitching of the flowers (and then my extra flowers) was a pain in the ass. 

Behold even more!


I teased SLJ and some stitched m- effers in a previous post but unfortunately this quote is severely lacking the swears. Perhaps another time. For now just continue all of your beholding. This kit works as a parody of the original and it enjoyable by itself too. I even did a zillion french knots and didn't drop as many m-effers as usual. Overall a win of a mod. 

2017 is looking to be a record setting year for the MO in terms of posts. I mean, it's mostly a dumpster fire otherwise, but completed kits/post wise it's looking pretty good. I hope you get as much solace from looking at these as I get from making them. I also hope that in the not so distance future we both get some new solace from somewhere where it is always sunny. (not subtle winky face)

No comments:

Post a Comment