Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cats? On the Internet? What a shock....

Remember how years ago I refused to apologize for taking a long break between posts and noted that it would likely happen again? Well past self definitely knew how future/present self operates. Hopefully taking a few years off between posts will further decrease my blog readership. This blog is appropriate for absolutely no one, so I guess you could say that I'm doing the internet a favor by being intermittently productive.

If you've ever thought "Hey the MO, how to you decide which projects to take on?" then today is your lucky day. I'll give you a little insight into my process/madness. Here's some of the stringent criteria each project must meet:
  • easy to obtain
    • If I can buy it while wearing pajamas it's a go. So ebay for sure. Also several craft chain stores that shall remain nameless. Also also the Salvation Army/Goodwill (where pajamas are almost too dressy)
  •  it must be counted cross stitch. 
    • Stamped kits are a no go. Otherwise you'd see all of that dumb stamping around my sweet changes
  • it must be cheap as hell
  • it must pass the wtf?!? test. wtf in this context meaning "who?!? the five questions":
    1. who would manufacture this?!?
    2. who would pay for this?!?
    3. who would take time to make this?!?
    4.  who would display this?!?
    5. who the hell was this intended for?!?
 Want an example of something that exceeded my high standards, especially for its wtf-ishness? Feast your eyeballs on this mess:

Just soak it all in. I had an idea right away for the text but at first I was a little reluctant to do it. 1) it seemed a little risque 2) it involved making that yellow box a bit bigger & that would require more work on my part. Eventually I decided- to hell with it. It's time to take my depravity to the next, and inevitable level.


 I went back and forth on whether to do google in black or in google colors. I went with colors since, although harder to see, would be more google-y. This kit appears to be part of some sort of series, "Pet Peeves." If I can find any of the others in this series (with little to no effort of course) that would be great.

Well see you 5 years bitches!

Just kidding. I actually have another post ready to go.

P.S. If you have any particularly snarky or witty answers to the wtf?!? test questions feel free to leave them in the comments section. I suppose you could apply the test to either the original kit or my mod with equally hilarious results.



No comments:

Post a Comment