Thursday, July 22, 2010

So Girly!!!


I'm not totally sure why I was so annoyed by this kit. I think part of the annoyance comes from how it is marketed for exactly the 10 year old girl that I was not. Flowers! Pink! Butterflies! Girrrrrrl Power! meh. No thanks. Also, WWAC?: when were acronyms cool? Never.


The other thing that irked me was that this kit just seems so calculated. "Great Minds Think Alike"? It just seems a bit over the top for the age group this is aimed at. What young girl is seriously going to buy this, stitch it and hang in up in her iCarly themed bedroom? Well since I found this in the clearance section of the craft store, I'm going to say very few.

My guess is this is more of something that women would gift to young girls. It might quell their inner feminist in that it has an uplifting gender/racial equality message in addition to being soooooo girly!

P.C.ness be damned this kit needed some help.


The alternate text idea for this was: RHBL Racial Harmony Begins with Lesbians.

No comments:

Post a Comment